Dead Man’s Rule
A virulent biological weapon is hiding in a bank vault in Chicago. A notorious Russian gang is fighting to obtain it. And a legal technicality may hand it to them without question. It’s up to one man to dig deep into his reservoir of legal knowledge, personal courage, and faith to prevent the tragedy in this Grisham-like legal thriller. “Indeed, we have only begun to understand that the impact of the infinitely small (microbes) could be infinitely large. The author paints an elegant fiction that is quite close to reality.” –Dr. Nwadiuto Esiobu, Professor of Microbiology, Florida Atlantic University Federally-funded bioterrorism countermeasures researcher
Buy it at:
Praise for Dead Man’s Rule
- Marian Peck, Church and Synagogue Library Association: “…[A] fast-paced book with subtle references to faith and doing what is right. …This would be a good addition for those readers who shy away from traditional Christian fiction as too ‘preachy.’ I liked the book very much.” Read the full review!
- Melissa Moore, Emma Waters Summar Library: “Dead Man’s Rule seems all-too-real at Ariel and unsettles the reader with its timeliness. This nearly flawless novel belongs in every library where well-written suspense novels are enjoyed. Hopefully, Acker will continue to take time out from his real-life job as a litigator to write more fast-paced, timely stories.” Read the full review!
- Randall Murphree, Agape Press: “It’s a legal thriller with all the trimmings – ourtroom drama, murder, near death experiences, shocking discoveries and gripping story lines.” Read the full review!
- Romantic Times: 4.5/5 Stars. Read the full review!
Awards and Honors
- Finalist, ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Award (Mystery)