When the Devil Whistles
Allie Whitman and Connor Norman loved making the devils of the corporate world pay. Now, it’s their turn. And the price could be their lives.
“I didn’t have a choice. I didn’t.” That’s what Allie Whitman tells herself every night as she lies awake. Sometimes she even believes it. But mostly she knows deep down that her inability to make a hard choice has put millions of lives at risk, including her own. Now the only one who can help her is her lawyer, Connor Norman. Unfortunately, Allie’s actions have destroyed Connor’s trust in her—and may destroy much, much more.
Order Now at Amazon or Barnes & Noble
Praise of When the Devil Whistles
- “Gripping, edge-of-your-seat fiction. When the Devil Whistles is a fast mix of suspense, compelling characters and legal intrigue as only Acker can write it. I dare you to try to put this book down.”- Tosca Lee, author of Demon: A Memoir
- VERDICT This intense story with multiple plot twists will appeal to CF suspense fans who enjoy a page-turner with suggestions of romance.” -Library Journal
- “More than once while reading When the Devil Whistles, I had to remind myself that I wasn’t reading John Grisham. Rick Acker’s pacing and plot are terrific, and I found myself rooting for Allie and Connor even when they made mistakes. A wonderful read from a writer I wish I’d discovered sooner.” – Angela Hunt, author of Let Darkness Come
- “When the Devil Whistles has it all: high stakes, compelling characters and a fast plot that had me gasping at the twists and turns. A legal thriller you won’t want to miss!” Colleen Coble, award-winning author of the Rock Harbor series
- “High stakes intrigue that will keep you flipping pages long into the night.” – James Scott Bell
- “Rick Acker has done it again! He’s become one of my favorite suspense novelists by the simple expedient of delivering the goods . . . in every book. This time, a federal whistle-blower may have blown her whistle one time too many. Is she in too deep this time? This book kept screaming my name every time I tried to put it down.” – Randy Ingermanson, Christy award winning author of Oxygen
Read a sample: